Sunday, May 26, 2013

day 4

day four with no refined sugar is a tough one. last time i did this no sugar thing (just last week), i made it to day 4 and then i had a bunch of sugar. this time, however, i feel better. only marginally so, but still, better is better. at the very least, my face is clearing up and i am sleeping amazingly well, so i can't argue with that. those are my main goals: get rid of acne, and sleep. so far so good.

the sugar i've consumed has been organic cane juice (in some cookies), and a bit of honey (in rice pudding i made). i'm not so concerned with these unrefined sugars, and maybe eventually i will see benefit in removing them from my routine as well. but for now at least, it's the nasty, addictive stuff that i'm concerned about. the stuff that causes me to climb the walls with cravings (though, less so now than a week ago), the stuff that impacts my ability to turn my brain off, lie still, and go to sleep. that's the stuff i need out of my life.

the best part is that this hasn't triggered any nasty body/food/dieting stuff in me (yet?). for that, i am happy. surprised, but happy.

maybe i'm over the worst-of-it jitters and cravings? i can only hope (but won't get those hopes up to high because it could still get worse).

my mantra with myself right now is simply: gentle & patient, gentle & patient, gentle & patient.  

No comments:

Post a Comment